Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Who's NOT My Tiger?

Since you all know me, it is understood that I hate Brandon Inge. I probably wouldn't hate him so much if everyone else in the world didn't love him. He is the definition of a mediocre player and was often the subject of heated arguments in 807. The constant defending of Inge, along with Ryan's absurd hatred for Magglio has prompted a bet: If Brandon Inge hits higher than .280, then Wei will buy Ryan a plane ticket to Dallas, while Wei gets a free trip to Minneapolis when Inge hits below.

Brandon Inge update: (as of 5/12) .280
You can argue all day if .300 defines a great hitter or not, but for a guy whose career average is .238 and draws a walk for every three K's, there should be no discussion. One season above .261 and four seasons below .206? This guy was only valuable when he was a catcher. While he does make the occassional spectacular play in the field, he is still good for around 20 errors over at third.

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want that scrub on my squad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys have made a "bet" over this. Ryan, I hope you don't fall for Wei's patented "make a bet and only follow through if I win" routine.

    He still owes me like $7.

    With that said, a FAIR bet would be over .280 and under .220. There's no way Inge cracks .260, let alone .280.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inge just needs a nickname, like Big Rayyyy-ed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I googled myself to put a picture in for my profile, and I found out that I have a Baseball Reference webpage that needs a sponsor. Only $7 a year. No really, look at it.

    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/C/Jay-Clites.shtml

    My stats are wrong from year 2 though. Wei, if Inge hits over .280 that $7 you owe Zach better go to this site instead.

    (Seriously, who keeps track of stats for every random college player ever?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, it sounds like a job I would have! Wei, are you gonna become a wizards fan now that Flip is the coach???

    ReplyDelete
  6. A rebutal is in the works, but for now, I am off to my kickball game. Won our first game 6-1, a 2 hitter. 2-3 HR, 2B, and 3 RBI. My stat line, a lot like Inge's....

    ReplyDelete