Thursday, May 14, 2009

What you know about Wednesday


So this post is delayed after the marathon game that I attended last night. Brandon Lyon is garbage. I was talking so much shit after I thought we were going to win on a balk. Though I forgot that Brandon Lyon is the new Todd Jones.

On the other hand, my ticket to the game was $4. Hot dogs? $1. Watching a game in the Metrodome? Whatever the opposite of priceless is, that place sucks. Target Field (yeah, that's right) can't open soon enough.

Before I chew on my fingernails all day awaiting Red Wings v. Ducks game 7, what you know about....

ARVYDAS SABONIS

The 30 year old rookie came into the league in the mid-90's and immediately took the crown for the smallest vertical from Bill Wennington. Good thing he was 7'3. Do you think he even new how to jump or run? Is it possible to do that and still play in the NBA? Apparently if you have a killer sky hook and drop the behind the back passes it is. There was NOTHING like the ageless late 90's battles between Sabonis and Vlade Divac. Marv Albert- "Sabonis with the FACIAL on Vlade". I just knew I was watching history unfold.

So let us know, what you know about Arvydas Sabonis?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's not Yourvydas, he's not Myvydas, he's Arvydas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobody really talks about this but I think Arvydas at one time was considered one of the top 3 centers in the game. But I guess that shows the lack of true centers. Honestly, how was Arvydas good? His quickness in the post was a combination of Ryan Hollingsworth and Courtney Sims (pre-NBDL). As I remember, he could step out and hit the occasional trey too. What a great player

    In '97-'98 when Arvydas averaged a double-double, some Jail Blazer teammates included Isaiah Rider, Gary Grant, Alton Lister, Stacey "Plastic Man" Augmon, and Gary Trent

    ReplyDelete