Monday, May 11, 2009

Welcome

Thanks for checking us out. After years of staying up until 3am arguing about Nick Markakis' batting average, whether Scottie Pippen is Hall of Fame worthy, and trying to reenact the Mark Jackson shimmy, we decided to share our arguments and musings with you. For those of you that know us, you might catch some of the inside jokes or remember the stump the schwab battles. For those of you who don't, well, we hope we are at least entertaining. If you like the NBA on NBC, guessing where former pro athletes went to college, Michigan and Detroit sports, Jesus Shuttlesworth, Larry Allen, hooping on court 4, or general bullshitting, than this is the blog for you. We will have tributes, polls, arguments and don't think we won't hoe a few old friends.

Although Holly has made his way to the frozen tundra of Minnesota and Wei landed in Cowboy country, our roots rest in the Ace Deuce. You know we ride Maize and Blue forever and wherever the bandwagon takes us so hop on, sit back and enjoy the ride.

-Ryan and Wei

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, hey guys. I for sure will take part in discussions here. Good to see you have kept it alive. I want to get the discussion going about Pens/Caps Game 7 on Wednesday and who people think are better, Crosby/Ovechikin and don't just say Ovechkin because Sportcenter loves him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this not one of the best hockey playoffs in years? Scoring galore. Pens/Caps is one of the most entertaining series in recent memory.

    Crosby is good but he's no Ovi. He's got a slapshot like Fulton and speed like Gonzalez. On top of that he talks shit like he's in the NBA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to disagree, Sid is a better player overall. I'd take a dominating two-way centerman over a goal scoring winger anyday. It's basically like who would you have taken in the 90's, Yzerman or Fedorov? Sid carried his team to the Finals and rarely ever disappears, even in losses. Ovechkin will run into a Chris Pronger one day that may end his career. My favorite play of the season was when I think a dude went after Malkin and Crosby stepped in a beat his ass. A scorer and tough guy.

    Although this argument is a wash, Darren Helm is the best player in the NHL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nothing to say on this as I have already talked to Roarty about this twice / I dont really enough. Anyway, go wings tonight I hope they close it out. Then it would be sweet to have them here playing the hawks. Side note, Wei have you ever heard of or eaten at "rice garden" there is one in salt lake city and I believe in Tyler as well. Let me know . . .?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea I think that is where my great grandparents worked...just kidding, I never heard of the place, lemme know if its good though

    ReplyDelete