Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Batter Up


Nothing makes or breaks a baseball players reputation than his song as he comes up to bat. All of us Tigers fans have every players tune from the 2006 season memorized. Pudge's Puerto Rican jingle. Carlos going with a little T.I. "What you know about that" (see 1317 Sheehan). Brandon Inge was hardcore white music. So today's question is, what is music to play as you go up to bat? I say Biggie's "Dead Wrong". Hard beat, intimidating lyrics, the full package.

And while were on the subject, Top 5 rap beats of all time.

Hard Knock Life-Jay Z This song is the opposite of Wei's life. His song goes more like "It's an easy ass life, for me, an easy as life, for me. When I go home, mom cuts my hair, then she makes food while I sit in my chair, it's an easy ass life for me...

Big Pimpin-Jay does it again. I don't care where you are, you here that beat drop, you get that "ooookkkk"

Next 3 to come tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. My favorite at bat music of all time is Randall "Sausage Beater" Simon, when he would come to the plate to the tune of J Geils' "Angel in the Centerfold."

    ReplyDelete